BREVILLE RESEARCH KITCHEN SURVEY SWEEPSTAKES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. The sponsor of the Breville Research Kitchen Survey Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is BREVILLE PTY LIMITED (ABN 98 000 092 928) of 170-180 Bourke Road, Alexandria, NSW 2015 ("Sponsor" or "Breville").
2. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, legal residents of Australia, and legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec); who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry; who are not an employee of the Sponsor; and if a legal resident of the Northern Territory, who are not an immediate family member of an employee of the Sponsor (meaning any of the following: spouse, de facto spouse, ex-spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister step-brother, step-sister, or first cousin) of such a person ("Eligible Members").
3. The Sweepstakes will commence on the date the Breville Research Kitchen survey is emailed to Entrants ("Survey Email") and will end on a date to be specified in the Survey Email ("Sweepstakes Period").
4. There is no cost to the Eligible Member to register. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Officers, directors, managers, and employees of Sponsor or any of its corporate affiliates, and each of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and related bodies corporate and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, consultants and agents, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate.
5. During the Sweepstakes Period, there are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes, as outlined below:
a. Survey Method. The Survey Email will contain a survey link which will be sent. Eligible Members who complete the survey associated with the Sweepstakes will be entered. The survey must be completed in its entirety by submitting all answers to the survey questions. Then Eligible Members can then click "done" to finish the survey and receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. The survey must be completed by the time designated in the survey details. Only fully completed surveys/entries are eligible.
b. Mail-In Method. After receiving a Survey Email, Eligible Members who opt not to complete the survey can alternatively mail in their entry. To do so, Eligible Members must hand print their name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address, and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to "Breville Research Kitchen Survey Sweepstakes", c/o Breville Pty. Ltd., (ABN 98 000 092 928) of 170-180 Bourke Road, Alexandria, NSW 2015. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by the last day of the Sweepstakes Period. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
6. There is a limit of one (1) entry per Entrant. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple/different identities, and/or any other methods, will void that Entrant's entry and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Entries submitted by anyone other than the Entrant are void. In case of dispute as to the identity of any Entrant, the entry will be declared made by the registered name and address on such entry. Any potential prize winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such person is the prize winner.
7. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any entry that is lost, late, incomplete, illegible, stolen, mutilated, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, human error, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, technical malfunctions, or otherwise.
8. On or about seven business (7) days after the Sweepstakes Period, potential prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by the Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. To be eligible to receive a prize, all Entrants must have an address on file with the Sponsor or have provided an address when prompted at the time of entry. In the event that an Entrant has an incomplete address, the Entrant may be disqualified, and an alternate prize winner selected in a random drawing.
9. Residents of Canada only: If a Canadian resident is selected as one of the winners, prior to receiving a prize, he/she/they must also correctly answer a skill-testing question to be administered by email. If the skill-testing question is answered incorrectly, an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries.
10. PRIZES: the specific prize or prizes offered will be included in the Survey Email.
10. Limit of one (1) prize per person/household. Eligibility to receive the prize is non-transferable and non-assignable and no substitutions or cash redemptions are permitted. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
11. If any prize or any element of a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Sponsor's control, the Sponsor may substitute a prize or element of a prize of equal or greater value at the Sponsor's sole discretion, subject to any written directions from the relevant authorities. Winners will not be entitled to any additional compensation in the event that the prize or element of a prize has been substituted at equal or greater value.
12. Potential prize winners will be notified by the Sponsor first via email on or about seven (7) business days after the Sweepstakes Period, (the "Notification"). If a winning Entrant does not respond to the email notification, Sponsor will follow up with the Entrant with a telephone call. If a winning Entrant does not respond within 5 days after first contact from Sponsor, another winner will be selected.
13. Subject to these Terms and Conditions and to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Sponsor (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Sponsor's control);
b. acts or omissions (including negligent acts or omissions) of the Sponsor or the Sponsor's servants or agents involved in the conduct of this Sweepstakes;
c. any theft, unauthorised access, or third-party interference;
d. any tax or other financial liability incurred by an Entrant.
14. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any consumer rights under the Campaign and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) ("CCA") or any other legislation that may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement. If the CCA or any other legislation implies a condition, warranty or term into the Terms and Conditions or provides statutory guarantees in connection with these Terms and Conditions, in respect of goods and services supplied (if any), the Sponsor's liability for breach of such a condition, warranty, other term or guarantee is limited to (at the Sponsor's election), the extent it is able to do so:
a. In the case of supply of goods, the Sponsor doing any one or more of the following:
i. replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods;
ii. repairing the goods;
iii. paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; and/or
iv. paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or
b. In the case of supply of services, Sponsor doing either or both of the following:
i. supplying the services again; and/or
ii. paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
15. If the potential prize winner fails to respond to Sponsor within the date and time indicated in the Notification, is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Terms and Conditions, such potential prize winner and his/her entry will be disqualified and another potential prize winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries received. If the Notification is returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate prize winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Prize winners will be shipped their prize within approximately two weeks from receipt of acknowledgement of winning from Entrant along with relevant details as to where to ship the prize. No compensation will be provided for any prizes that are not able to be awarded to a prize winner.
16. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants and prize winners agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all respects and not subject to appeal. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify permanently from this Sweepstakes any Entrant it believes has violated these Terms and Conditions and verify eligibility of Entrants. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any Entrant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Terms and Conditions. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants, and prize winners release the Sponsor from any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or the receipt or use/misuse of any prize awarded, including, without limitation, liability for personal injury, death or property damage. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. All Sweepstakes materials are subject to verification and are void if (a) not obtained in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and through legitimate channels, (b) any part is counterfeited, altered, defective, damaged, illegible, reproduced, tampered with, mutilated or irregular in any way, (c) such materials are obtained where prohibited, or (d) such materials contain printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors. Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of Sweepstakes materials submitted to Sponsor. In the event any portion of this Sweepstakes is compromised by activities beyond the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes or this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and randomly draw from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date to award prizes.
17. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants hereby agree to Sponsor's collection and usage of their personal information solely for purposes of administering the Sweepstakes and awarding prizes. Information submitted in relation to name, address, telephone number, or email address will be used solely for purposes of the Sweepstakes and will not be retained in a manner that would identify any Entrant.
18. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales. Entrants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
19. This Sweepstakes shall not be published without the written permission of the Sponsor. Any term, provision, or condition of these Terms and Conditions or of the Sweepstakes that is prohibited by law shall be void.
The Sponsor may be reached at the following address:
BREVILLE PTY LIMITED (ABN 98 000 092 928) of 170-180 Bourke Road, Alexandria, NSW 2015