Air-Fried Apple Chips with Sweet Date Yogurt
Transform thinly sliced apples into the perfect snack in minutes using the air fryer. They’re a guaranteed kid-pleaser.
10 mins total time
25 mins active time
- 1 apple
cut 1/16 inch (2mm) thickness
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
For the sweet date yogurt:
- 1 cup (8½ oz) Greek whole milk yogurt
- 1-1½ tbsp date syrup
plus extra to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
plus extra to garnish
- Pinch of pink salt or kosher salt
- 1Preheat the oven. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 2Place the cinnamon, sugar and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3Using a mandoline, cut the apple into -inch thick slices and remove the seeds.
- 4Place the apple slices in a single layer on a sheet of parchment paper and sprinkle both sides with the seasoning.
- 5Lay half the apple in a single layer in the air fry basket.
- 6Place the basket in rack position 3 and start the timer. When the oven signals, turn the slices over and continue cooking. Meanwhile, make the sweet date yogurt.
- 7In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients together until combined.
- 8The slices should be slightly golden brown. If not, give it a bit more. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- 9Lay the remaining apple, in the air fry basket.
- 10Place the basket in rack position 3 and start the timer. When the oven signals, turn the slices over and continue cooking.
- 11If not, give it a bit more. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- 12Garnish the sweet date yogurt with cinnamon and drizzle with date syrup. Serve alongside the apple chips.