Air-Fried Crumbed Shrimp with Sriracha Mayonnaise
Shrimp is coated in panko crumbs and air fried producing a deliciously crunchy coating and served with a sriracha and lime-flavored mayonnaise.
1 hr 30 mins total time
20 mins active time
For the shrimp:
- ¼ cup (1 oz) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups (3 oz) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lb large peeled and deveined raw shrimp with tails intact
- Cooking spray
- 2 green onions
For the sriracha mayonnaise:
- ⅓ cup (2½ oz) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 lime
- 1Combine the flour and cayenne pepper. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl. Place the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- 2Place a quarter of the shrimp in the flour and toss to coat, shaking off the excess. Dip into the eggs and toss in the breadcrumbs. Repeat with the remaining shrimp. Place in a single layer in a dish.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. This sets the coating, helping it to stick to the shrimp during cooking. Meanwhile, make the sriracha mayonnaise.
- 4Place the mayonnaise, sriracha and chili sauce in a bowl. Using a microplane, grate over half the lime zest and whisk. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- 5The oven will preheat. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 6Arrange the shrimp in a single layer, evenly spaced apart, in the air fry basket. Spray both sides with cooking spray.
- 7Once preheated, place the basket in rack position 3 and start the timer.
- 8The shrimp should be golden and crisp. If not, give it a bit more.
- 9Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of the sriracha mayonnaise and the green onions and stir to coat.
- 10Grate the remaining lime zest over the shrimp and serve with the remaining sriracha mayonnaise.