Grilled Steak with Garlic Parsley Butter
Your favorite steak slathered in a herby garlic butter, brought to life with the addition of curry spices – fusion cooking at its best. Serve with French fries or crusty bread to mop up those juices.
1 hr total time
15 mins active time
- 2 oz unsalted butter
at room temperature
- 1 small shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ egg yolk
- 2 x 10½ oz beef sirloin steaks or rib eye
approximately 1-inch thick
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1Use a whisk to whip the butter until smooth. Add all the ingredients listed below and mix to combine.
- 2Place the butter on a piece of plastic wrap and wrap to enclose. Roll into a cylinder approximately 1½-inch in diameter. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes, or until firm. Alternatively, place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or until required.
- 3Once the butter is firm, cut into thick slices, remove the plastic wrap and set aside.
- 4Place the broiling rack in the roasting pan. Place the steaks on the rack. Brush with the oil, season with salt and pepper, turn and repeat on the other side.
- 5Insert the wire rack into position 2. Place the pan in the oven and start Autopilot. When the oven signals top with the butter and continue cooking.
- 6Steaks are ready when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 133°F for medium-rare. If you like your steak cooked more, give it a bit more.
- 7Remove the steaks from the oven and allow to rest for 6 minutes.
- 8Carve each steak into 6 slices and serve with French fries.