Sheet Pan Shrimp and Tomato with Fettuccine
Who doesn’t love pasta? This delicious recipe combines traditional Italian ingredients, tomato, onion and garlic with shrimp, tossed with fettuccine. You can use any pasta you like and make it kid-friendly by removing the red pepper flakes.
30 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 2 tsp kosher salt
divided, plus extra to season
- 1 lb dried fettuccine
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb grape tomatoes
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup (2 fl oz) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 7 oz goat cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes
to serve (optional)
- 1 lemon
- 1Insert the wire rack into position 6. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and season well with salt. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
Once the pasta is ready, drain.Tip: Reserve some of the pasta cooking liquid and add to the pasta with the shrimp mixture to loosen, if necessary.
- 3Cut the onion into 6 wedges and place in the roasting pan. Add the garlic, tomatoes and half the basil. Drizzle with the oil, and season with 1 teaspoon of the salt. Toss to coat.
- 4Once preheated, place the pan in the oven and start Autopilot. When the oven signals, lightly press the tomatoes to make them burst. Add the shrimp and continue cooking.
- 5The shrimp should be just cooked. If not, give it a bit more.
- 6Combine the shrimp mixture and pasta. Add the goat cheese, remaining basil, pepper flakes, salt and grate the lemon zest and stir to combine.