50 mins total time
25 mins active time
- 1½ tsp active dried yeast
- ¼ cup (2 fl oz) warm milk
- ¼ cup (1¾ oz) superfine sugar
- 2¼ cups (11¾ oz) bread flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 4 oz unsalted butter
at room temperature, cut into cubes
For the cinnamon filling:
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp superfine sugar
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ oz unsalted butter
at room temperature
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan (1/3 cup capacity).
- 2Combine the yeast, milk and 1 teaspoon of the sugar in a bowl. Let sit in a warm place for 5 minutes until frothy.
- 3Assemble the mixer using the glass mixer bowl and dough hook. Add the flour, cinnamon, salt, eggs, remaining sugar and yeast mixture to the bowl. Slowly turn the mixer to FOLDING/KNEADING setting and mix until almost combined. Add the butter, a few cubes at a time, until incorporated.
- 4Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and lightly knead until smooth. Place in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rest in a warm place for 45 minutes until dough doubles in size.
- 5Meanwhile to make cinnamon filling, combine the sugars and cinnamon and set aside.
- 6Put the dough on a floured surface and roll out to form a 9 ¾ x 17 ¾-inch rectangle. Using your fingers or a spatula spread the softened butter over the dough. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon filling. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon filling over the dough.
- 7Starting from the long side, roll the dough up to form a log. Trim the ends then cut the log into 12 equal portions. Place each scroll, cut side up, into a muffin cup. Sprinkle with the reserved cinnamon filling.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes until golden and cooked through. Serve.