French Toast Waffles
20 mins total time
10 mins active time
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups (12 fl oz) milk
- ¾ cup (6 fl oz) heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 8 thick slices day-old brioche
- 2 tbsp (1 oz) unsalted butter
at room temperature
- ½ cup (5¼ oz) marmalade
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- 1Select CUSTOM setting and dial up 10 on LIGHT/DARK indicator dial.
- 2Preheat until the orange light flashes and the word HEATING disappears.
- 3Place the eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and maple syrup in a shallow dish and whisk until well combined.
- 4Spread both sides of each slice of brioche with butter.
- 5Spread one side of each slice of brioche with the marmalade.
- 6Dip brioche, one at a time, into the egg mixture. Carefully place brioche onto the waffle plates and close the lid to cook.
- 7Repeat with the remaining brioche and egg mixture.
- 8Dust with powdered sugar and serve with strawberries and maple syrup.