12 hrs total time
15 mins active time
Makes 2 cups, 16 fl oz
- 1 cup (5½ oz) raw almonds
- 2 cups (16 fl oz) chilled filtered water
- 1Place the almonds in a glass or ceramic bowl and cover with water. Cover and set aside in a cool place overnight to soak.
- 2Drain the almonds. Rinse well in cold water and drain well.
- 3Put the almonds in the blender with 2 cups 16 fl oz filtered water. Secure the lid.
- 4BLEND for 1 minute until well combined.
- 5Place a sieve lined with cheesecloth over a large bowl. Pour the almond mixture into the sieve. Allow most of the milk to drain then gather the cheesecloth and squeeze to extract as much milk as possible. Discard the solids.
- 6Pour into a clean sterilized jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.