Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita
15 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 5 medium Persian cucumbers
- 1 fresh jalapeno
halved, seeds removed
- ⅓ cup (¼ oz) loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- ¾ cup (6 fl oz) water
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup (6 fl oz) tequila blanco
- Crushed ice
For the simple syrup:
- ½ cup (4 fl oz) water
- ½ cup (3½ oz) granulated sugar
- 1To make the simple syrup, put the water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Boil for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool. Transfer to a small container and refrigerate until cold. The simple syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- 2To make the margarita, put the cucumber, jalapeno, mint and water in the blender and secure the lid. PUREE for 15 seconds until smooth.
- 3Strain the cucumber mixture over a bowl.
- 4Put the strained cucumber mixture, lime juice, 2/3 cup (5 ½ fl oz) of the simple syrup and the tequila in the blender and secure the lid. BLEND for 10 seconds until combined.
- 5Half fill 4 glasses with crushed ice. Pour the margarita over the ice and serve.Tip: You can replace the fresh jalapeno with 1 tablespoon drained pickled jalapeno.