Quick and Easy Hollandaise
5 mins total time
5 mins active time
Makes 1¼ cups, 10 fl oz
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1½ tbsp fresh lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- 8¾ oz unsalted butter
- Ground white pepper
- 1Put the egg yolks, lemon juice or vinegar, water and salt in the blender and secure the lid.
- 2MILL for 30 seconds until pale and creamy.
- 3MIX, while the motor is running, remove the inner cap lid and gradually add the butter in a thin stream until the sauce thickens. Season with pepper.
- 4Spoon over poached eggs, steamed asparagus or potato cakes.
- 5Transfer unused hollandaise to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.