Air-Fried Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate Dressing
Pomegranate molasses is a thick syrup-like sauce that imparts an intense sweet and sour taste to the dressing that is perfectly paired with the slightly bitter taste of Brussels sprouts.
30 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (¼ oz) flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup (1 oz) shelled pistachios
coarsely chopped, divided
For the dressing:
- 1 whole pomegranate
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1The oven will preheat. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 2Trim the base and cut the larger ones in half. Remove any tough outer leaves. Combine with the oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place in a single layer in the air fry basket, ensuring they are not touching.
- 3Once preheated, place the basket in rack position 3 and start the timer. Meanwhile, prepare the pomegranate and make the dressing.
- 4Cut in half, hold the cut side in your hand over a large bowl to catch the juice and seeds, and firmly tap with a rolling pin or large spoon to loosen and release the seeds. Squeeze the pomegranate to extract as much juice as possible. Pick through the seeds to remove any white membrane.
- 5Add the molasses and oil to the pomegranate and stir.
- 6The Brussels sprouts should be browned and tender. If not, give it a bit more.
- 7Add the Brussels sprouts, parsley and pistachios to the pomegranate dressing, and stir to combine.
- 8Sprinkle with the remaining pistachios.