Air-Fried Jerk Chicken
Big on flavor, this recipe is everything you want jerk to be. If you’ve got more time marinate the chicken overnight to get the maximum flavor experience.
45 mins total time
20 mins active time
- 3 green onions
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 habanero or scotch bonnet chilies
seeds removed, coarsely chopped
- 1½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (3 lb) chicken thighs (with skin and bones)
- Cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- 1Place all the jerk ingredients listed below in a blender and blend, scraping down the side occasionally, until pureed.
- 2Place the chicken in a large bowl. Add the jerk seasoning and turn to coat. Chicken can be cooked straight away or refrigerated overnight.
- 3Insert the wire rack into position 6. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 4For easy cleaning and to avoid burning, line the roasting pan with foil and place the broiling rack on top. Place the chicken, skin side up on the rack.
- 5Once preheated, place the pan in the oven and start the timer. When the oven signals, rotate the pan and continue cooking.
- 6The chicken is ready when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads a minimum of 167°F. If not, give it a bit more.
- 7Remove from the oven. Cover loosely with foil and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- 8Serve the chicken with cilantro and lime wedges.