Air-Fried Korean Chicken Wings
50 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 1½ lb chicken wing drummettes and flats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup gochujang (Korean fermented red chili paste)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 green onions
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1Place wing pieces in a large bowl. Combine baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle baking powder mixture over wings and toss to coat evenly.
- 2Set baking rack in roasting pan and place wings on rack, providing equal space between wings.
- 3Insert wire rack in rack position.
- 4Select AIRFRY/SUPER CONVECTION/450°F/30 minutes and enable Rotate Remind. Press START to preheat oven.
- 5Cook for 30 minutes, flipping the wings when Rotate Remind signals.
- 6Prepare sauce while wings cook. Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well. Sauce can be made a day in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator. Gently warm sauce before pouring over the wings.
- 7Immediately after cooking transfer wings to a large bowl, drizzle with some sauce and toss to coat evenly.
- 8Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds and serve with remaining sauce on the side for dipping.