Air-Fried Pretzel Chicken Tenders with Ranch Dressing
These pretzel crusted chicken tenders are air fried to perfection. Deliciously moist on the inside, crisp and crunchy on the outside.
1 hr 45 mins total time
30 mins active time
- 5 oz pretzels
- ½ cup (2½ oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ lb chicken tenders
- Cooking spray
- Sea salt
For the ranch dressing:
- ½ cup (3½ oz) mayonnaise
- ½ cup (4 oz) sour cream
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 2 tsp thinly sliced chives
- 1Process the pretzels to form coarse crumbs. Transfer to a bowl.Tip: They can also be ground using a mortar and pestle.
- 2Combine the flour and salt. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
- 3Working with one piece at a time, place the chicken in the flour and toss to coat. Dip in the eggs then coat in the crumbs.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the crust to set and prevent it falling off. Meanwhile, make the dressing.
- 5Whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, salt and garlic until smooth. Add the herbs. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- 6The oven will preheat. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 7Generously spray the chicken with cooking spray. Place, sprayed side down, in a single layer, in the air fry basket, ensuring they are not touching. Spray the top to coat.
- 8Once preheated, place the basket in rack position 3 and start the timer. When the Rotate Remind signals, turn over and continue cooking.
- 9The chicken should be golden and crisp and cooked through. If not, give it a bit more.
- 10Sprinkle with sea salt and serve with the ranch dressing.