Air-Fried Shrimp with Sriracha Mayonnaise
43 mins total time
35 mins active time
For the shrimp:
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups (3¼ oz) panko breadcrumbs
- 18 (26 oz) large uncooked shrimps
peeled, deveined with tails intact
- Cooking oil spray
For the sriracha mayonnaise:
- ⅓ cup (2½ oz) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- ½ tsp grated lime zest
- 2 green onions
- Grated lime zest
- Lime wedge
- 1To prepare the shrimp, place put the flour and cayenne pepper in a bowl and stir to combine.
- 2Whisk the eggs together in a shallow dish.
- 3Put the breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- 4Working with one shrimp at a time, coat the shrimp in the cayenne flour mixture, dusting off any excess, dip in the egg then crumbs, pressing on the crumbs to secure. Place on a plate. Continue until all the prawns are coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to air fry.
- 5To make the sriracha mayonnaise, whisk the mayonnaise, sriracha and chili sauce together until smooth. Stir in the lime zest. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 6Preheat the oven. Select AIRFRY/SUPER CONVECTION/425°F/5 minutes and press start.
- 7Place the shrimp in the air fry basket, ensuring they are not touching each other.
- 8Spray the shrimp with the oil to coat. Turn the shrimp and spray the other side.
- 9Once preheated, place the basket in the AIR FRY position and cook for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the basket from the oven, turn the shrimp over and return to the oven. Select AIRFRY/SUPER CONVECTION/425°F/3 minutes and press start.
- 10Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the sriracha mayonnaise and toss gently to coat.
- 11Place the shrimp on a serving platter. Garnish with green onions and lime zest. Serve with the remaining sriracha mayonnaise and lime wedges.