Air-Fried Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges with Lime Aioli
Tossed in spices and air-fried, these sweet potato wedges are so much healthier and tastier than frying and make a popular snack or side dish.
1 hr 15 mins total time
20 mins active time
For the wedges:
- 1½ lb sweet potatoes
skin on, scrubbed
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
plus extra to serve
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the lime aioli:
- ½ cup (3½ oz) mayonnaise
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Grated lime zest
- 1Cut into approximately 3-inch long and 1-inch thick wedges.
- 2Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with cold water, bring to a boil then drain immediately. This removes excess starch.
- 3Spread onto paper towels and stand for 20 minutes to dry out and cool. Meanwhile, make the lime aioli.
- 4Whisk the mayonnaise, garlic and lime juice, cover and refrigerate.
- 5The oven will preheat. Meanwhile, make the spice mix.
- 6Combine all the spices listed below.
- 7Toss the potatoes in the oil and the spice mix. Place in a single layer in the air fry basket, evenly spaced apart for even air flow.
- 8Once preheated, place the basket in rack position 3 and start the timer.
- 9The wedges should be well browned and tender. If not, give it a bit more.
- 10Sprinkle the aioli with lime zest and the wedges with salt.