Air-Fried Sticky Barbecue Chicken
A no-mess, super quick, sweet n’ smoky chicken that is out of the oven in 20 minutes. If you like it hot, add a dash of Tabasco, some fresh chopped chili or a garnish of pickled jalapeños. Serve with salad for a midweek meal or French fries and slaw to watch the next ball game.
45 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 lb bone in and skin on chicken pieces (breast, thighs and drumstick about 8 pieces)
- 1 cup (10 oz) barbecue sauce
- 1Insert the wire rack into position 4.
- 2Place all the seasoning ingredients listed below in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Add the barbecue sauce and turn to coat.
- 3For easy cleaning and to avoid burning, line the roasting pan with foil. Place the chicken, skin side up, in the pan. Scrape out any excess sauce that’s in the bowl and spread over the chicken.
- 4Once preheated, place the pan in the oven and start Autopilot.
- 5The chicken should be lightly charred and is ready when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads a minimum of 165°F. If not, give it a bit more.
- 6Remove the chicken from the oven, spoon over some of the pan juices and serve.