All American Burger
If it ain’t broke! A perfect combo of the best ingredients, for this time-honored favorite. And while it may not need fixing, there’s always room for your favorite additions. Pickles, bacon, hot sauce anyone?
35 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 4 burger buns
cut in half horizontally
- 4 x 6 oz beef burger patties
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices mild cheddar cheese
- Thinly sliced dill pickles
- Yellow mustard
- Sliced tomato
- Lettuce leaves
- 1Insert the wire rack into position 8. Place the buns cut side up in the air fry basket. Insert the basket into rack position 3 and start the timer.
- 2The buns should be lightly toasted. If not, give it a bit more.
- 3Remove the buns from the basket and set aside. Move the basket to rack position 5. Place the roasting pan on the rack, so it sits beneath the basket to catch any drips during cooking. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 4Place the patties on a plate, brush with the oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 5Once preheated, carefully place the patties in the basket, evenly spaced apart and start Autopilot.
- 6The patties are cooked when a meat thermometer inserted into the center reads 145°F for well-done. If not, give it a bit more.
- 7Place a slice of cheese on each patty and return to the oven for 1 minute to allow the residual heat to melt the cheese.
- 8Spread a little mayonnaise over the base of each burger bun. Top with a patty, pickles, mustard, tomato, lettuce, ketchup the bun top and serve.