Baked Salmon with Thyme and Lemon
Extra virgin olive oil, combined with slow and low cooking, creates a confit-style result, an incredibly moist and tender piece of fish that just melts in your mouth.
40 mins total time
10 mins active time
- 4 x 6 oz salmon fillets
- ¼ cup (2 fl oz) extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt flakes
- 1Insert the wire rack into position 6. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 2Place the salmon in the roasting pan, skin side down. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the salt, thyme and garlic. Using a microplane, grate over the lemon zest and season with pepper.
- 3Once preheated, place the pan in the oven and start the timer. When the Rotate Remind signals, carefully turn the salmon over and continue cooking.Tip: The low temperature keeps the salmon very tender and moist.
- 4The salmon should be translucent in the center and flakes easily with a fork. If not, give it a bit more.
- 5It is very gelatinous.
- 6Sprinkle with salt.