Bresaola and Bocconcini Pizza
2 hrs 25 mins total time
40 mins active time
Makes 6 pizzas
For the dough:
- 3⅓ cups (17½ oz) bread flour
- 2 tsp instant dried yeast
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) lukewarm water
For the pizza sauce:
- 14½ oz can whole tomatoes
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
For the topping:
- 1½ cups (5¼ oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 18 (12¼ oz) vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 5¼ oz thinly sliced bresaola
- 15 (5¼ oz) drained cherry-size bocconcini (fresh mozzarella balls)
torn in half
- 1 oz baby arugula leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic glaze
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1To make the dough, put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix to combine. Add the oil and water, and mix on medium-low speed for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. (Alternatively, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the oil and water and mix until the dough comes together, add an extra tablespoon of water if necessary. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.)
- 2Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and punch down to remove the excess air. Knead the dough into a smooth ball. Divide the dough into six, 4 ½ oz pieces.
- 4To make the pizza sauce, put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until well combined. Transfer to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens. Set aside to cool. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- 5To make the pizza, turn the ON/OFF switch to the ON position and PREHEAT the pizza oven for 15 minutes.
- 6Roll out each piece of pizza dough to form a 8 ½-inch long, 4 ¾-inch wide oval. Place two, side by side allowing a little space between onto a 11 ¾-inch square piece of parchment paper.
- 7Spoon 1½ tablespoon of pizza sauce onto each pizza crust and spread with the back of the spoon to cover the crust.
- 8Divide the toppings evenly among the crusts.
- 9Select the CLASSIC crust setting.
- 10Transfer two of the pizzas (still on the parchmet paper) onto the hot pizza stone and close the lid. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 11Open the lid and quickly slide the parchment paper out carefully. Close the lid and cook for another 5-6 minutes until browned. Monitor the cooking progress through the viewing window. Topping should be cooked and golden and crust crisp and brown.
- 12Open the lid carefully with oven mitt and transfer the pizzas to a cutting board.
- 13Repeat with the remaining pizzas.
- 14Top each pizza with bocconcini and arugula. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic glaze and season with salt and pepper. Slice and serve.