Cinnamon and Maple Rolls
2 hrs 40 mins total time
40 mins active time
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp instant dried yeast
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 oz cold unsalted butter
cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- 5 oz unsalted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1For the dough: Combine the milk and yeast in a bowl. Add the maple syrup and eggs and whisk to combine. Place the flour and salt in the bowl of a bench mixer. Using the dough hook, mix on low speed to combine. Add the milk mixture and knead on medium speed for 7 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- 2Add the butter and continue kneading until all the butter is worked into the dough.
- 3Transfer the dough to a large heatproof bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place the bowl in the oven in rack position 6.
- 4Select PROOF/88°F/CONVECTION/40 MINUTES and press START. Proof the dough for 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 5For the filling; While the dough is proofing, heat the butter in a small saucepan over high heat until it foams and turns brown. Add the sugar and cinnamon, immediately remove the pan from the heat and mix together.
- 6For the syrup; Heat the maple syrup, butter and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until the butter is melted. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk together.
- 7Pour the syrup over the base of a 13-inch x 9-inch, 2-inch-deep baking dish.
- 8To assemble; Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 24-inch x 10-inch rectangle. Transfer the dough onto a clean dish towel.
- 9Spread the filling evenly over the dough leaving the bottom long edge clear.
- 10Starting from the top long edge, use the dish towel as a guide to tightly roll up the dough.
- 11Cut the roll into 12 even pieces and place in the dish, cover with plastic wrap. Place the dish in the oven in rack position 6.
- 12Reset the oven to PROOF/ 88°F/CONVECTION/ 40 MINUTES and press START.
- 13Remove the rolls from the oven.
- 14Set the oven to BAKE/400°F/ SUPER CONVECTION/ 14 MINUTES and press START to preheat.
- 15Once preheated, place the rolls in the oven and bake for 14 minutes until golden brown.
- 16Stand the rolls in the dish for 20 minutes before serving.