7 hrs total time
20 mins active time
Makes 2 trays
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup flaxseeds
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1½ cups water
- 1 (10 oz) large parsnip
- 1In a large bowl combine all the seeds, oats, psyllium husk, salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon ground turmeric.
- 2Whisk coconut oil and water together in a measuring cup. Add to the dry ingredients and mix very well until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick.
- 3Mix grated parsnip with 1 teaspoon turmeric and stir to combine. Add to the seed dough and stir to thoroughly combine. Divide the dough in half, and set aside one half.
- 4Shape the first half into a disk and place it between two sheets of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, firmly roll dough into a thin sheet the size of the dehydrate basket.
- 5Place dough and parchment paper in the dehydrate basket. Remove top sheet of parchment.
- 6Repeat steps 4–5 with remaining dough.
- 7Place dehydrate baskets in rack positions 3 and 5. Select DEHYDRATE/150°F/SUPER CONVECTION/6 hours and enable Rotate Remind. Press START.
- 8Dehydrate crackers until dry. When prompted by Rotate Remind, rotate the baskets front to back and switch rack levels. Carefully flip over the cracker dough.
- 9Remove baskets from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Break crackers into shards.
- 10Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.Tip: For uniformly shaped crackers, use the tip of a knife to score the dough into shapes before dehydrating. Note: You will need two dehydrate baskets for this recipe. Otherwise, dehydrate in two batches and keep the second batch refrigerated until ready to use.