Fudgy Triple Chocolate Brownies
Minimal flour, no leavening agents, and silky melted chocolate are the secret warriors in these fudgy brownies. Studded with bursts of molten milk and white chocolate - these brownies are divine.
2 hrs total time
20 mins active time
Makes 16 pieces
- Cooking spray
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate
- 4 oz butter
- ¾ cup (5 oz) white sugar
- ¾ cup (5 oz) light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
at room temperature
- ½ cup (2½ oz) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (1 oz) cocoa powder
- ½ cup (3 oz) milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup (3 oz) white chocolate chips
- 1Spray a 8-inch square (2-inch deep) cake pan with cooking spray and line the base and sides with parchment paper.
- 2Place the semisweet chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Don’t allow the base of the bowl to touch the water, so the chocolate doesn’t overheat and seize. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes, or until melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat.Tip: It can also be melted in the microwave on High in 20 second bursts, stirring well between each burst.
- 3Stir to combine.
- 4Insert the wire rack into position 6. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 5Stir in the eggs one at a time until well combined.
- 6Sift the flour and cocoa over the chocolate mixture and stir. Add the chocolate chips and pour into the pan.
- 7Once preheated, place the pan in the oven and start the timer.
- 8The brownie is cooked when a skewer inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. If not, give it a bit more.
- 9Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 1 hour.
- 10Lift out of the pan and cut into 16 pieces.
- 11Serve warm or cooled. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.