Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Zesty Glaze
3 hrs 30 mins total time
25 mins active time
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup molasses
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Softened butter or cooking spray, to grease the pan
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1Sift flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom into a large bowl.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, molasses and vegetable oil. Add the brown sugar and mix until combined.
- 3Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then slowly pour wet ingredients into bowl while stirring to combine the mixture.
- 4Insert wire rack into rack position 6. Select BAKE/CONVECTION/325°F/ 45 minutes and press START to preheat oven.
- 5Generously grease a nonstick bundt pan with butter or cooking spray and pour batter into pan.
- 6Once preheated, place cake into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 7Place pan on a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes. Turn pan over and gently release cake onto wire rack. Let cool completely before glazing.
- 8Make the glaze while the cake cools. Sift powdered sugar into a medium bowl. Whisk in lemon juice to make a thick, pourable glaze.
- 9Spoon glaze over the cake, then use a zester to zest the lemon over the glaze. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and sift powdered sugar over.