Grilled Beef and Pepper Kebabs
These marinated kababs get their deliciousness from the richly flavored marinade. It’s the perfect balance of sweet, sour and saltiness. They can be marinated for a quick 10 minutes if you’re in a hurry, or overnight for a deeper, richer flavor.
40 mins total time
20 mins active time
- 1½ lb beef sirloin
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 8 oz brown cremini mushrooms
For the marinade:
- ⅓ cup (2¾ fl oz) balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup (2¾ fl oz) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (1½ oz) honey
- 5 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes to prevent them from burning. Meanwhile, make the marinade.
- 2Place all the marinade ingredients listed below in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- 3Cut the beef into 1½-inch pieces, trim off any fat and add to the marinade.
- 4Cut the zucchini into ½-inch slices. Cut the peppers and onion into 1½-inch pieces. Remove the small center core from the onion. Trim the base off the mushrooms. Add the vegetables to the marinade.
- 5Toss to coat and stand for 10 minutes to soak up the flavor and help tenderize the meat.Tip: Can be marinated in the refrigerator overnight.
- 6Thread the beef and vegetables onto the skewers.
- 7For easy cleaning and to avoid burning, line the roasting pan with foil and place the broiling rack on top. Place the skewers on the rack.
- 8Insert the wire rack into position 3. Place the pan in the oven and start the timer. When the oven signals, turn the kebabs over and broil the other side.
- 9The beef and vegetables should be lightly charred and tender. If not, give it a bit more.
- 10Drizzle with the pan juices and serve with couscous and salad.