Kimchi Spiced Chicken Club Sandwich
The humble club sandwich meets its match with this Korean-inspired version. Cool and smooth avocado pairs perfectly with spicy kimchi, bacon and eggs for a force to be reckoned with! Leftover sauce makes the perfect dip or spread to give pizzazz to anything from toast, to chicken nuggets to burgers.
1 hr total time
20 mins active time
For the chicken:
- 10½ oz boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the kimchi sauce:
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 4¼ oz kimchi
For the sandwich:
- 4 bacon slices
- 2 large chilled eggs
- 6 slices white bread
at room temperature, to serve
- ¼ cup (2 oz) mayonnaise
- 4 romain lettuce leaves
- 1Line the roasting pan with parchment paper. Place the chicken, salt, paprika and oil in a bowl, turn to coat. Place the chicken in the pan.
- 2Insert the wire rack into position 5. Place the pan in the oven and start the timer. Meanwhile, make the kimchi sauce.
- 3Spoon the flesh of the avocado into a bowl and whisk to mash. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt, and whisk. Add the kimchi and stir to combine.
- 4The chicken is ready when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads a minimum of 167°F. If not, give it a bit more.
- 5Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thickly.
- 6Move the wire rack to position 7. Place the roasting pan on the rack to catch any drips during cooking. Place the bacon in a single layer in the air fry basket. Place the basket in rack position 3 and start the timer.
- 7The bacon should be crisp. If not, give it a bit more. Remove the basket from the oven and transfer the bacon to a plate.
- 8Carefully slide the rack with the roasting pan out. Break the eggs in a bowl, one at a time, and add to the pan. Return to the oven and start the timer.
- 9The egg whites should be set and the yolks soft, or until cooked to your liking. If not, give it a bit more.
- 10Place the bread, in a single layer, in the air fry basket and insert the basket into rack position 2. Start the timer. When the Rotate Remind signals, turn the bread over and toast the other side.
- 11The bread should be lightly toasted. If not, give it a bit more.
- 12Butter one side of each slice of toast. Spread 2 slices with half the mayonnaise. Top with the chicken, lettuce and 3 tablespoons of the kimchi sauce. Place a second slice of toast on each stack and spread with the remaining mayonnaise. Top with the tomato slices, bacon and 3 tablespoons of the kimchi sauce. Top with the fried eggs and remaining toast.
- 13Place a skewer into each corner of the stacks and slice the sandwiches into quarters.