Le Burger Français
Oo la la! This tasty little number puts a French twist on a classic favorite, with fluffy brioche, melted brie and buttery red wine confit onions, topped with delicious French pickles. Don’t forget to pair it with your fave air-fried ‘pommes frites’.
45 mins total time
30 mins active time
- 2 tbsp (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1½ cups (12 fl oz) dry red wine
- 4 brioche burger buns
cut in half horizontally
- 4 x 6 oz beef burger patties
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices brie cheese
- 1Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring for 4 minutes, or until soft. Add the wine and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 2Insert the wire rack into position 8. Place the buns cut side up in the air fry basket. Insert the basket into rack position 3 and start the timer.
- 3The buns should be lightly toasted. If not, give it a bit more.
- 4Remove the buns from the basket and set aside. Move the basket to rack position 5. Place the roasting pan on the rack, so it sits beneath the basket to catch any drips during cooking. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 5Place the patties on a plate, brush with the oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 6Once preheated, carefully place the patties in the basket, evenly spaced apart and start Autopilot.
- 7The patties are cooked when a meat thermometer inserted into the center reads 150°F. If not, give it a bit more.
- 8Place 2 slices of brie on each patty and return to the oven for 1 minute to allow the residual heat to melt the cheese.
- 9Spread a little mayonnaise over the base of each burger bun. Top with a patty, onion mixture, bun top and cornichon and serve.