36 mins total time
25 mins active time
- 2 cups (10½ oz) self-rising flour
sifted, plus extra for dusting
- ¼ cup (1¾ oz) superfine sugar
- ¼ tsp flaky sea salt
- ⅔ cup (5½ fl oz) heavy cream
- ½ cup (4 fl oz) lemonade
- Whipped cream
- Lemon curd
- 1 lemon
zest finely grated
- 1Insert the wire rack into the middle shelf position. Preheat the oven. Select BAKE/SUPER CONVECTION/425°F/11 minutes and press start.
- 2Dust the pizza pan with a little flour.
- 3Put the flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until combined.
- 4Combine the cream and lemonade and add to the flour mixture, mix slowly until the dough just starts to come together, it will be a little sticky.
- 5Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured counter and bring it together gently, the underside should be almost smooth.
- 6Turn the dough, smooth side up and press into a 3/4-inch -thick round. Dip a 2 ¼-inch cookie cutter into a little flour then cut 6 scones from the dough, dipping the cutter into flour as needed. Place the scones on the floured pan almost touching each other.
- 7Press the unused dough together and flatten into a 3/4-inch -thick round and cut out the remaining 3 scones.
- 8Once preheated, put the scones in the oven and bake for 11 minutes until golden. Transfer to a wire rack.
- 9Serve warm with whipped cream, lemon curd and lemon zest.