Moroccan Lamb Pizza
2 hrs 30 mins total time
45 mins active time
Makes 4 pizzas
For the dough:
- 3⅓ cups (17½ oz) bread flour
- 2 tsp instant dried yeast
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) lukewarm water
For the yogurt dressing:
- 1 cup (8½ oz) plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the topping:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
divided, plus extra to serve
- 2 tsp ras el hanout spice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 17½ oz boneless lamb loin
- 17½ oz butternut squash
peeled, cut into 1 ¼-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion
- 1⅓ cups (4¾ oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5¼ oz feta cheese
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz) pine nuts
- Cilantro leaves
- Mint leaves
- 1To make the dough, put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix to combine. Add the oil and water and mix on medium-low speed for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. (Alternatively, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add oil and water and mix until the dough comes together, add an extra tablespoon of water if necessary. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.)
- 2Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and punch down to remove the excess air. Knead the dough into a smooth ball. Divide into four, 6 ½ oz pieces.
- 4To make the yogurt dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5To make the topping, Combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon ras el hanout and garlic on a plate. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Heat a grill or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb and cook for 1 minute on each side until seared. Transfer to a plate. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Slice lamb into ½-inch -thick pieces.
- 6Steam or microwave the squash until tender. Drain well. Transfer to a plate. Drizzle with the 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil and sprinkle with the remaining ras el hanout. Coarsely mash with a fork until well combined.
- 7To make the pizza, turn the ON/OFF switch to the ON position and PREHEAT the pizza oven for 15 minutes.
- 8Roll out each piece of pizza dough to form a 9 ½-inch round and place each on a 11 ¾-inch square piece of parchment paper.
- 9Prick the crusts with a fork or pizza docker.
- 10Spread the remaining oil over the pizza crusts. Divide the squash, onion, mozzarella, lamb and feta evenly among the crusts.
- 11Select the THIN crust setting.
- 12Transfer one of the pizzas (still on the parchment paper) to the hot pizza stone and close the lid. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 13Open the lid and quickly slide the parchment paper out carefully. Close the lid and cook for a further 4-6 minutes until browned. Monitor the cooking progress through the viewing window. The topping should be cooked and golden and crust crisp and brown.
- 14Open the lid carefully with oven mitt and transfer the pizza to a cutting board.
- 15Repeat with the remaining pizzas.
- 16Sprinkle with pine nuts. Dollop over the yogurt dressing. Drizzle with extra olive oil, season with salt and pepper and garnish with cilantro and mint leaves. Slice and serve.