Roasted Butternut Squash with Yogurt and Curried Pepitas
So simple and yet so tasty, roasting this wonderful winter vegetable brings out the naturally sweet and slightly nutty taste of the squash. It’s served topped with yogurt and curried pepitas for a delicious side dish.
1 hr 15 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 3 lb butternut squash
peeled, seeded, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ cup (2 fl oz) olive oil
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- ⅓ cup (1¾ oz) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¾ cup (6 oz) plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1Insert the wire rack into position 6. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 2Toss the squash with the oil, salt and pepper and place in a single layer in the roasting pan.
- 3Once preheated, place the pan in the oven and start the timer. Meanwhile, make the curried pepitas.
- 4Place a small saucepan over high heat and add the oil. When it begins to smoke add the pepitas and fry until they start to pop. Add the curry powder and salt. Stir and immediately remove from the heat so the pepitas do not burn.
- 5The squash should feel tender when inserted with a knife. If not, give it a bit more.
- 6Spoon over the yogurt and top with the curried pepitas. Serve warm.