Ultimate Veggie Burger
Super moist and tasty, totally hearty and satisfying… and what’s more, these epic veggie burgers are high in fiber and flavor. Go meat-free for a night and put these winners on the menu!
1 hr total time
15 mins active time
For the patties:
- 12 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 15 oz can black beans
drained and rinsed
- ½ cup (2½ oz) raw cashews
- ½ cup (1 oz) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices mild cheddar cheese
For the burger:
- 4 burger buns
cut in half horizontally
- Yellow mustard
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- Pickles (optional)
- 1Insert the wire racks into positions 7 and 4.
- 2Slice the mushrooms and place in a bowl. Add the onion, garlic, 2 tablespoons oil and salt and toss to combine. Place in the roasting pan.
- 3Once preheated, place the pan on rack position 4 and start the timer. When the Rotate Remind signals, spread the beans onto the pizza pan and place on rack position 7 and continue cooking.
- 4The mushrooms should be golden. If not, give it a bit more. Remove the vegetables and beans from the oven and set aside. Transfer the beans to a plate and wipe the pan clean.
- 5Place the cashews in the food processor and pulse to form coarse crumbs. Add the vegetables, beans and the remaining patty ingredients listed below and pulse to combine.
- 6Grease the pizza pan with some of the remaining oil. Shape the mushroom mixture into four patties, approximately 4-inch wide and ½-inch thick. Place the patties on the pan and brush with the remaining oil.
- 7Place the pan on rack position 4 and start Autopilot.
- 8Patties should be browned. If not, give it a bit more.
- 9Place a slice of cheese on each patty. Return to the oven and start the timer to melt the cheese.
- 10Remove the wire rack from position 4. Place the buns cut side up in the air fry basket. Insert the basket into rack position 3 and start the timer.
- 11The buns should be lightly toasted. If not, give it a bit more.
- 12Spread a little mayonnaise and mustard over the base of each burger bun. Top with the patties, lettuce, tomato, pickles and burger bun tops and serve.