Frozen Berry Yogurt
6 hrs 25 mins total time
15 mins active time
Makes 1 quart
- 9 oz fresh strawberries
washed, hulled, sliced
- 9 oz fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup (2½ oz) superfine sugar
- 2 cups (17 oz) vanilla yogurt
- 1Put the strawberries, raspberries, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat for 2 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil. Boil gently for 3 minutes without stirring. Remove from the heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 2Pour the berry mixture into a blender or food processor and blend or process until smooth. Strain the mixture into a measuring cup, pushing the mixture through the sieve. Discard the solids remaining in the sieve. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours until cold.
- 3Stir the berry mixture into the yogurt.
- 4Pour the chilled mixture into the ice cream bowl. Set the ice cream maker to the desired setting and churn.
- 5Once the yogurt is frozen transfer to a freezer-safe container, just large enough to contain the yogurt. Freeze for 3-4 hours or overnight for firmer yogurt.
- 6Scoop into bowls and serve.
- 7Store yogurt in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. The yogurt will become very firm after freezing overnight, so remove from the freezer and stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving for easier scooping.