Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
8 hrs 10 mins total time
10 mins active time
Makes 1 quart
- 2½ cups (20 fl oz) heavy cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Waffle cones
- 1Combine the cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in a large measuring cup. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until cold.
- 2Pour the chilled mixture into the ice cream bowl. Set the ice cream maker to the desired setting and churn.
- 3Once the ice cream is frozen transfer to a freezer-safe container, just large enough to contain the ice cream. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight for firmer ice cream.
- 4Scoop into waffle cones or bowls and serve.
- 5Store ice cream in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. The ice cream will become very firm after freezing overnight, so remove from the freezer and stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving for easier scooping.