Effective: May, 2021
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the Notice and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification through our Services. We encourage you to review the Privacy Notice whenever you access our Services or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Your choice to provide information is optional, but if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to purchase products or access certain services, offers and content on our websites. Also, we may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, entry, etc., even if you have opted not to receive marketing communications from us. In general, you can visit many of our web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any contact information about yourself.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, make a purchase, enroll in our classes, participate in the interactive areas of our Services, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, participate in our contests, marketing campaigns, sweepstakes and surveys, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include:
· First and last name
· Your postal address(es) for billing and shipping
· Your telephone number
· Your email address
· Purchase information, including lifestyle and food preferences, and grocery lists
· Personal details (e.g., date of birth, gender)
· Your IP address
· Photographs, social media usernames and account ID’s
· Feedback and reviews of Breville’s products
and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you access or use our Services or connect your Breville appliance to our Services, we automatically collect information about you and associate it with information that you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect:
· Transaction Information: When you make a purchase or a return, we collect information about the transaction, such as the class or product details, the transaction amount and the date of the purchase/return. Note that we do not collect or store payment card information, such as credit card numbers. For more information about how that information is collected, processed and stored, please refer to our payment processors’ (e.g., Klarna) privacy policies and terms.
· Website Log Information: We log information about your use of our website, such as your computer’s operating system, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the web page that referred you to our site.
Information Collected related to Your Use of Breville connected appliances. When you first pair your connected appliance to our mobile application, it will automatically link to your Breville account. For information about de-linking your appliance from your Breville account, please see “Your Choices” below. When you connect your appliance to a Wi-Fi network, we collect information about:
· the model itself and the network (such as name and connection strength),
· your use of the appliance, such as what you are cooking and how you cook, as well as your cooking and recipe preferences,
· data from the appliance’s sensors and components,
· technical and usage information.
Please see “Use of Information” below to understand how we use this data.
· Device Information: When you access or use our mobile sites or apps or connect your Breville connected appliance to our services, we collect information about the mobile phone, tablet or other device you are using, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our Services.
· Location Information: With your consent, we collect information about your location when you access or use one of our mobile applications or connect your Breville connected appliance to our services. For more details about the collection of location information and the choices you have, please see “Your Choices” below.
We may contract with third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the internet. To do this, they will collect information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements. These targeted advertisements may appear on other sites that you visit. This information is collected using a cookie or pixel tag – industry standard technology used by most websites.
By aggregating information: We may combine personal information with information about your online and in-store transactions and other interactions with us, including your purchases. We may also combine your personal information with information we receive from other sources, such as joint marketing partners, public databases, publicly available pages on social media platforms and other third parties. We use this information for market research purposes and to improve the quality of the Services we offer.
Your Social Sharing: If you choose to engage in social sharing, such as by connecting your social media account to your customer account or by logging into your customer account from your social media account, the social media site may share information with us about your use of their services, including profile information, information about your contacts and content you have viewed or liked. Please refer to the social media site’s privacy settings to control how your information is shared. If you submit any personal information relating to other people to us or to our service providers, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Use of Information
Personal Information: We use information about you for various purposes related to the Services we are providing to you, including to:
· Provide and deliver the Services you request, manage your accounts, process transactions (such as shipping products and out-of-stock notices), and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
· Maintain, protect and improve our Services
· Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
· Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
· Communicate with you about products, services, classes, recipes, offers, promotions, events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about opting out of these communications, see “Your Choices” below);
· Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
· Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights, property and safety of Breville, its affiliates, you and others;
· Personalise and improve our Services and provide tailored advertisements, content or features to you
· To upload and post your feedbacks and reviews (including your photos and social media usernames);
· Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
· Further our business purposes and those of our third party service providers, such as, without limitation, troubleshooting, data analysis, audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention; developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying products or services; identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of promotions; collaborating with our partners; responding to customer service inquiries; and operating and expanding current or future business activities.
· Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice including, but not limited to, the following circumstances:
· With Breville’s affiliates, with our third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information exclusively to carry out work on our behalf, for instance to ship products to you, process and administer your payments, sweepstakes/contests or trouble shooting as well as website hosting, data analysis, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services;
· When you purchase third-party products through us, we share information with the suppliers of such products in order to fulfill your order;
· If you connect third-party devices and services to your Breville account or our Services, such as when you choose to interface an appliance or our mobile application with other devices, your information will be shared with such third parties per your direction and with your consent;
· When you sign up for and participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information about you will be displayed publicly, such as your name, photos, recipes, and any other information you choose to provide;
· If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Breville or others;
· In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, joint venture, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings;
· To respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, or
· With your consent or at your instruction.
We may also share fully de-identified and aggregated information with third parties.
Social Sharing Features
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We also work with third-party social platforms, such as Facebook, to serve ads to you as part of a customised campaign.
You have the ability to access information we hold about you and to update, correct or erase (the extent allowed by applicable law) your account information at any time by logging into your Breville account. Alternatively, you may contact us at [email protected] and request information we have about you or request that we update, correct, erase (to the extent allowed by applicable law) or not to sell (if you reside in California) information that we have about you, but note that we may require you to provide additional information to confirm your identity. You may also have the right under applicable data protection law to oppose the processing of your information for legitimate purposes, limit the use and disclosure of your information and revoke the consent you have provided for its processing. If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected].
Once your connected appliance is paired with your Breville account, you can de-link it at any time by disconnecting it via the settings on your mobile device Note, however, that certain appliances must be paired with a Breville account in order to have full capabilities. If your appliance has been de-linked from an account, you will need to re-link it to enjoy its features fully.
When you first launch some of our mobile applications, access certain features in those mobile applications, or visit one of the pages on our website that collects location information, you may be asked to consent to the collection of location information in order to enable certain features. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can later stop this collection by changing the settings on your device. If you do so, certain features of our Services will no longer function.
Promotional Communications from Breville
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by following the instructions in those communications. Even if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we will send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can elect to stop receiving these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org. At this time, Breville does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, Breville may use other technology that is standard to the Internet, such as pixel tags, web beacons, and other similar technologies, to track visitors to Breville’s website. Those tools may be used by us and by third parties to collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
We store the information we collect about you as necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, tax, bookkeeping or other compliance obligations.
Additional Privacy Data Protection Notice for Users Individuals in the EEA
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and applicable national data protection law regarding the processing of your personal data. Please refer to our EU Privacy Notice for detailed information applicable to our users and customers located in the EU.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
Breville is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the collection, storage and use of personal information of individuals under the age of 16 years old (“Minors”).
Except as noted below: (i) our products and services are marketed for and directed towards purchase by adults or with the consent of adults; (ii) Minors are not permitted to use the Services without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian; (iii) we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account or to post personal information on the Services; and (iv) should we be made aware that someone under the age of 16 has provided any personal information to or on any of the Services, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
If you are a parent or legal guardian who believes that your Minor has submitted personal information or other information to us without your consent, please contact us at priv[email protected]. Once we verify that you are the parent or legal guardian, at your request, we will promptly provide you with information regarding what, if any, personal information we have collected about your child and how it has been used or shared. We will, at your request, remove personal information about your Minor from the database and instruct our affiliates and third party partners to do the same.
If you are under the age of 16, you may request and obtain removal of certain content or information posted on the Services by sending an email to [email protected] with “Privacy Rights for Minors” in the subject line. Please be advised that our removal of your post(s) does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted on the Services.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have different rights. See our California Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at [email protected] or in writing by sending your written request to:
Breville USA, Inc.
19400 S Western Ave.
Torrance, CA 90501, USA
Attn: Data Protection Officer