LAST UPDATED: April, 2018
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide Us
When you sign up to receive a newsletter, create an account, place an order through the Services, or contact us through our online contact form or call centers, we collect information from you such as:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Financial details
- Purchase information, including lifestyle and food preferences, and shopping lists
- Personal characteristics (e.g., date of birth, gender)
- Feedback and reviews of Breville’s products
We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as public databases and joint marketing partners.
Information We Collect From Your Use of the Services
We and our third party service providers may collect information from you as you use our Services, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to help our Services function properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success or our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practices and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated information does not identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
IF WE CANNOT COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
If you do not allow us to collect information from you or through the Services, we may not be able to provide you with access to the Services, products, or assistance relating to the Services. For example, we will need your personal details in order to complete and fulfill your purchase.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use and disclose the information we collect from or about you for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To register and manage any accounts you have with us and respond to your inquiries regarding these accounts.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase or other requests, including processing your payment, communicating with you regarding your purchase, and providing you with customer service related to your purchase or purchased products.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may potentially be of interest to you, consistent with your choices.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you or that may potentially be of interest to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
- For our business purposes and the business purposes of our partners and third party service providers, such as, without limitation, troubleshooting data analysis, audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention; developing new products; enhancing, improving, or modifying our Services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; collaborating with our partners, responding to customer service enquiries; and operating and expanding business or future activities.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information may be disclosed:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions, consistent with your choices.
- To third party advertising companies that serve advertisements regarding goods and services (see the “Third Party Advertisers” section, below) , consistent with your choices.
- To a third party in the event of any proposed or effected reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings). If any such event occurs, that third party may assume all of our rights to collect, use, share, or otherwise dispose of your information.
We may use and disclose information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may potentially be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services. These advertisements may be based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites or online services. To serve these advertisements, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice generally, and to learn about your choices with respect to these third parties, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices and http://www.aboutads.info/.
We also contract with third party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. To do this, they will collect anonymous information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements. These targeted advertisements may appear on other sites that you visit. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a cookie or pixel tag – industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected in this process. To opt-out of this type of messaging, please visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe the security of your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS
From time to time, we send e-mail messages to our users. If you would prefer not to receive such messages, we provide users choices regarding receiving certain communications from us and our partners.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you or with other promotional information with your consent. If you do not wish to receive this promotional information by e-mail then please unsubscribe via the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing-related emails we send you. If you are a new customer, we will send you promotional information by electronic means only if you have consented to it.
- We only permit members of our group of companies to contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this. If you previously consented, but no longer wish to receive this promotional information, please unsubscribe via the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing-related emails we send you.
Note that even if you “unsubscribe,” you may still receive certain administrative communications from us, such as emails confirming that we have received or shipped your order, or emails regarding certain changes to our terms, conditions, or policies, in accordance with applicable law.
You may have the right under applicable law to obtain confirmation that we hold information that identifies or relates to you, request access to and receive information about that information, receive copies of that information, update and correct that information, object to the processing of that information, withdraw your consent to the processing of that information, and have that information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law. To exercise these rights, please contact us via the information provided in the “Contact Us” section, below.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion) to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed, if permitted under applicable law.
If you remove your information, object to the processing, withdraw your consent to the processing, or request to have your information blocked or deleted, or do not provide your information, you may not be able to use the Services and we may not be able to respond to your inquiries.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide personal information through the Services.
Your information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we have taken measures to comply with EEA data transfer restrictions such as implementing a legal mechanism to lawfully transfer your Personal Information between the EEA and non-EEA countries, such as the United States and Australia.
If you are located in Canada, some of our affiliates and service providers are located in the United States and other regions such as Australia and Europe. Therefore, your information may be accessed in, or transferred or disclosed to the United States and other regions such as Australia and Europe and may be accessible to law enforcement and regulatory authorities in accordance with applicable laws of the recipient jurisdictions.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.