50 mins total time
20 mins active time
Makes 4 thin or 2 thick
- 1 tbsp active dried yeast
- 1 tbsp superfine sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) warm water
- 3 cups (1 lb) bread flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1Put the yeast, sugar, oil and water in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- 2Assemble the mixer using the glass mixing bowl and dough hook. Add the flour to the bowl. Turn the mixer to FOLDING/KNEADING setting. Add the yeast mixture and knead for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- 3Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover and rest in a warm place for 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- 4Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Punch down the dough to remove excess air, then lightly knead until smooth.
- 5For thin crust, divide the dough into 4 x 6-oz dough balls.
- 6For thicker crust, divide the dough into 2 even dough balls.