LAST UPDATED: January 2019
Breville USA, Inc.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide Us
When you sign up to receive a newsletter, create an account, place an order through the Services, submit a review, participate in a contest or survey or contact us through our online contact form or call centers, we collect information from you such as:
•Purchase information, including lifestyle and food preferences, and shopping lists
•Personal characteristics (e.g., date of birth, gender)
•Feedback and reviews of Breville’s products
We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as public databases and joint marketing partners.
Information We Collect from Your Use of the Services
We and our third-party service providers may collect information from you as you use our Services, including:
· Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to help our Services function properly.
· We also contract with third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the internet. To do this, they will collect information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements. These targeted advertisements may appear on other sites that you visit. This information is collected using a cookie or pixel tag – industry standard technology used by most websites.
• IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practices and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
· By aggregating information: We may combine personal information with information about your online and in-store transactions and other interactions with us, including your purchases. We may also combine your personal information with information we receive from other sources, such as joint marketing partners, public databases, publicly available pages on social media platforms and other third parties. We use this information for market research purposes and to improve the quality of the Services we offer. We reserve the right to disclose aggregated, anonymous data we have collected to third parties for any purpose.
· Through Mobil devices: When you use our websites, mobile apps and other services, we may use automated technology to collect information indicating the physical location of your device, such as GPS data, cell phone tower data, Wi-Fi signals, or your device’s IP address. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content, such as by helping you locate our stores or showing or sending you information pertaining to products or offers that are relevant to your location. You may be permitted to allow or deny such uses through your mobile device, but if you do deny them, we may not be able to provide you with a personalized user experience.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect:
• To provide the Services and fulfill your order, including by shipping products to you, or others you designate, and sending emails to you, or others you designate, to confirm your order status and shipment and to process merchandise returns.
• To notify you when an out of stock product is back in stock.
• To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
• To register and manage any accounts you have with us and respond to your inquiries regarding these accounts.
• To complete and fulfill your purchase or other requests, including processing your payment, communicating with you regarding your purchase, and providing you with customer service related to your purchase or purchased products.
• To send you marketing communications that we believe may potentially be of interest to you.
• To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you or that may potentially be of interest to you.
• To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
• For our business purposes and the business purposes of our partners and third party service providers, such as, without limitation, troubleshooting data analysis, audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention; developing new products; enhancing, improving, or modifying our Services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; collaborating with our partners, responding to customer service enquiries; and operating and expanding business or future activities.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information may be disclosed:
· To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
· To our third- party analytic services such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics who analyze and report trends and other relevant marketing data.
· To third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions.
· To third party advertising companies that serve advertisements regarding goods and services (see the “Third Party Advertisers” section, below).
· By you when you post content and make submissions to our Websites or other public forums, such as our brands’ social media pages, blogs, and online product reviews. Any information that you disclose through these services will become public. See terms and conditions of the User Agreement for User-Generated Content Submissions(https://www.brevilleusa.com/pages/terms-of-use).
· To a third party in the event of any proposed or effected reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings). If any such event occurs, that third party may assume all of our rights to collect, use, share, or otherwise dispose of your information.
We may use and disclose information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may potentially be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services. These advertisements may be based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites or online services. To serve these advertisements, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice generally, and to learn about your choices with respect to these third parties, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices and http://www.aboutads.info/.
We also contract with third party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. To do this, they will collect anonymous information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements. These targeted advertisements may appear on other sites that you visit. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a cookie or pixel tag – industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected in this process. To opt-out of this type of messaging, please visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org
DO NOT TRACK
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org. At this time, Breville does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, Breville may use other technology that is standard to the Internet, such as pixel tags, web beacons, and other similar technologies, to track visitors to Breville’s website. Those tools may be used by us and by third parties to collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe the security of your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS
From time to time, we send e-mail messages to our users. If you would prefer not to receive such messages, we provide users choices regarding receiving certain communications from us and our partners.
•If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt out via an “unsubscribe” link that may be provided in each such email. Note, however, that even if you “unsubscribe,” you may still receive certain administrative communications from us, such as emails confirming that we have received or shipped your order, or emails regarding certain changes to our terms, conditions, or policies.
•If you would prefer that we not share your information on a going-forward basis with our business partners or affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt out of this sharing by contacting us at [email protected]
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
Breville is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the collection, storage and use of personal information of Minors under the age of 16.
Except as noted below : (i) our products and services are marketed for and directed towards purchase by adults or with the consent of adults; (ii) individuals under the age of 16 ("Minors") are not permitted to use the Services without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian; (iii) we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account or to post personal information on the Services; and (iv) should we learn that someone under the age of 16 has provided any personal information to or on any of the Services, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
If you are a parent or guardian who believes that your Minor under the age of 16 has submitted personal information or other information to us without your consent, please contact [email protected]. Once we verify that you are the parent or legal guardian, at your request, we will promptly provide to you information regarding what, if any, personal information we have collected about your child and how it has been used or shared. We will, at your request, remove personal information about your child from the database and instruct our affiliates and third party partners to do the same.
If you are a Minor under the age of 16, you may request and obtain removal of certain content or information posted on the Services by sending an email to [email protected]with “Privacy Rights for Minors” in the subject line. Please be advised that our removal of your post(s) does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted on the Services.
Your information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Law permits customers of Breville who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address:
Breville - California Privacy Rights
19400 S Western Ave.
Torrance, CA 90504
Or contact us at 1.866.273.8455
Or email us at [email protected]
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.