Buckwheat Waffles with Smoked Salmon
20 mins total time
10 mins active time
- 3 large eggs
- 2½ cups (20 fl oz) buttermilk
- ⅓ cup (2¾ fl oz) vegetable oil
- ¾ cup (3¾ oz) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (3¾ oz) buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 oz smoked salmon slices
- Lemon zest
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Baby spinach leaves
- 1Select BUTTERMILK setting and dial up 6 on LIGHT/DARK indicator dial.
- 2Preheat until the orange light flashes and the word HEATING disappears.
- 3Meanwhile, make the waffles, place the eggs, buttermilk and oil in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined.
- 4Combine the flours, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- 5Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture to form a smooth batter.
- 6Pour ½ cup of batter into each waffle square and close the lid to cook.
- 7Repeat with remaining batter.
- 8Top the waffles with smoked salmon, lemon zest and parsley. Serve with spinach.