Arugula and Almond Pesto Dip
15 mins total time
15 mins active time
Makes 1 cup (8¾ oz)
- ¼ cup (1½ oz) blanched almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup (¾ oz) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (2 oz) firmly packed baby arugula
- ⅓ cup olive oil
plus extra to cover
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable crudites
- Toasted pita bread
- 1Put all the ingredients in the blender and the secure the lid.
- 2CHOP for 30-40 seconds until finely chopped and almost smooth, scraping down the ingredients if necessary; add a bit more olive oil if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Spoon the dip into a serving bowl and serve with crackers, vegetable crudites and toasted pita bread. Transfer unused dip to a clean jar. Pour a little extra olive oil to cover the top of the pesto (this helps prevent any oxidation or browning). Secure the lid and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.Tip: This pesto is also perfect stirred through hot pasta.