12 hrs total time
15 mins active time
Makes 4 cups, 1 qt
- 2 cups (10½ oz) raw cashews
- 4 cups (32 fl oz) chilled filtered water
- 1Put the cashews in a glass or ceramic bowl and cover with water. Cover and let stand in the refrigerator or a cool place overnight to soak.
- 2Drain the cashews. Rinse well in cold water and drain well.
- 3Put the cashews in the blender with the 4 cups (1 qt) filtered water. Secure the lid. BLEND for 1 minute until well combined (To make cashew cream, only add 2 cups (16 fl oz) chilled filtered water to the blender).
- 4Place a sieve lined with cheesecloth over a large measuring cup or bowljug. Pour the cashew mixture into the sieve. Allow most of the milk to drain then gather the cheesecloth and squeeze to extract as much milk as possible. Discard the solids.
- 5Pour into a clean sterilized jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.Tip: Sweeten the cashew milk to taste with agave syrup or honey.