5 mins total time
5 mins active time
Makes 1½ cups, 12 fl oz
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- 1⅓ cups (10¾ fl oz) grape seed or light olive oil
- 1Put the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice and salt in the blender and secure the lid.
- 2MIX for 10 seconds until combined.
- 3MIX, while the motor is running, remove the inner cap lid and gradually add the oil in a thin stream until the mayonnaise thickens.
- 4Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- 5To make aioli, add 2 roasted cloves of garlic and increase the lemon juice to 3 tablespoons.