Gluten-Free Pizza Dough
1 hr 20 mins total time
20 mins active time
Makes 1 x 10.25-inch pizza
For the pizza dough:
- 2½ cups (11¾ oz) gluten free flour mix
plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp instant dried yeast
- 1 tsp superfine sugar
- ¾ tsp flaky sea salt
- ⅔ cup warm water
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
plus extra for drizzling
For the gluten free flour mix:
- 1¾ cups (12¼ oz) medium grain white rice
- 1 cup (7 oz) brown rice
- 1⅓ cups (5½ oz) dried skim milk powder
- 1½ cups (7¼ oz) gluten free 100% cornstarch
- 1 cup (5¼ oz) organic tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup (1¾ oz) organic potato flour
- ¾ oz xanthan gum
- 1To make the gluten free flour mix, put the white and brown rice in the blender and secure the lid. MILL for 1½-2 minutes until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients to the rice flour mixture. Using a whisk, stir the dry ingredients together until evenly combined. You will need 2½ cups (335g) for this recipe, store the remaining flour mix in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
- 2To make the pizza dough, put 2½ cups (11 ¾ oz) gluten free flour mix, yeast, sugar and salt in the blender and secure the lid. STIR for 10 seconds until combined. Use the tamper to help combine ingredients.
- 3Pour the water and oil into the blender and secure the lid. STIR for 30-45 seconds until the dough starts to come together.
- 4Scrape down the side and STIR a further 30-45 seconds until the dough forms a soft ball. PULSE 5 times to assist with lifting the dough off the blades.
- 5Lightly flour a countertop with extra gluten free flour mix. Use a spatula to scrape the dough out of the blender onto the countertop. Knead for 30 seconds until the base of the dough is smooth. Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Rub the top of the dough with olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and a clean, dry tea towel. Set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes until the dough has doubled in size.
- 6To make the pizza, preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly flour the countertop with the gluten free flour mix. Roll the dough into a 10 ¼-inch round. Transfer to an oiled pizza pan. Roll the edges in to form the crust. Brush the edges with a little olive oil.
- 7Bake for 5-7 minutes until lightly golden.
- 8Top with pizza sauce, your favorite toppings and cheese. Bake for a further 7-8 minutes until the crust is crisp and golden and the cheese is melted.Tip: You can also buy gluten free flour mix if you’re short on time.