Indulgent Chocolate Sauce
10 mins total time
5 mins active time
Makes 2½ cups, 20 fl oz
- 12¾ oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
broken into pieces
- ⅓ cup (1½ oz) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) heavy cream
- ½ cup (4 fl oz) water
- 2 tbsp hazelnut liqueur
- 1Put the chocolate and powdered sugar in the blender and secure the lid.
- 2CHOP for 20-30 seconds until chocolate is finely chopped, stopping to use the tamper occasionally to press ingredients into the blades if required.
- 3Pour the cream, water and liqueur (if using) into a small saucepan. Add the chocolate mixture. Stir with a metal spoon over low heat until the sauce is melted and smooth.
- 4Serve over your favorite dessert.
- 5Transfer any unused sauce to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.