8 hrs 25 mins total time
25 mins active time
Makes 3 cups, 24 fl oz
- ¾ cup (6 oz) organic dried soybeans
- 4 cups (32 fl oz) chilled filtered water
- 1Put the soybeans in a glass or ceramic bowl. Cover with cold water. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight, to soak.
- 2Drain the soybeans and rinse well with cold water. Discard any discoloured beans. Put the soybeans and filtered water in the blender and secure the lid.
- 3BLEND for 1 minute until well combined.
- 4Place a sieve lined with cheesecloth over a large bowl. Pour the soybean mixture into the sieve. Allow most of the milk to drain, then gather the cheesecloth and squeeze to extract as much milk as possible. Discard the solids.
- 5Pour the soybean milk into a medium saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over a medium heat, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, skimming off any foam from the surface. Remove from the heat. Allow to cool.
- 6Pour into a clean sterilized jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.Tip: Sweeten the soy milk to taste with agave syrup or honey.