Gluten-Free Pizza Dough
1 hr 25 mins total time
25 mins active time
Makes 2 classic crusts
For the dough:
- 2 cups (10½ oz) gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (2½ oz) gluten-free self-rising flour
- 1½ tsp instant dried yeast
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup (6 fl oz) warm water
- 1To make the dough, put the flours, yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix to combine. Add the egg, oil and water, and mix on medium-low speed for 5 minutes until the dough is soft and smooth. (Alternatively, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the egg, oil and water and mix until the dough comes together. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.)
- 2Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough has risen slightly.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and punch down to remove the excess air. Lightly knead into a ball and divide in half.
- 4To make a pizza, turn the ON/OFF switch to the ON position and PREHEAT the pizza oven for 15 minutes.
- 5Roll out each piece of dough on a 11 ¾-inch square piece of parchment paper to form a 8 ½-inch round.
- 6Spread 1 teaspoon of oil onto each pizza crust. Top with toppings of choice.
- 7Select the CLASSIC crust setting.
- 8Transfer one pizza (still on the parchment paper) to the hot pizza stone and close the lid. Cook for 4 minutes.
- 9Open the lid and quickly slide the parchment paper out carefully. Close the lid and cook for a further 4-6 minutes until the crust is browned. Monitor the cooking progress through the viewing window. Topping should be cooked and golden and crust crisp and brown.
- 10Open the lid carefully with oven mitt and transfer the pizza to a cutting board.
- 11Repeat with the remaining pizza.