Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
1 hr 20 mins total time
20 mins active time
Makes 4 thin, 3 classic
- 3⅓ cups (17½ oz) whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp instant dried yeast
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1¼ cups (10 fl oz) lukewarm water
- 1To make the dough, put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix to combine. Add the oil and water and mix on medium-low speed for 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic. (Alternately, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the oil and water and mix until the dough comes together. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.)
- 2Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough doubles in size.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and punch down to remove the excess air. Lightly knead the dough into a ball.
- 4Divide the dough into the desired number of portions.