Moroccan Spice Blend
10 mins total time
10 mins active time
Serves 0.33, 1¾ oz
- 12 cardamom pod
- 4 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2½ tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp whole black peppercorns
- ½ tsp whole allspice berries
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1Lightly crush the cardamom pods to remove the seeds. Discard the pods and reserve the seeds.
- 2Put the cardamom seeds, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, fennel, peppercorns and allspice in the blender and secure the lid.
- 3MILL for 20-30 seconds until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl.
- 4Add the paprika and turmeric. Stir with a fork until combined.
- 5Transfer to a clean, dry airtight container and store in a cool dry place for up to 3 months.
- 6Sprinkle the spice mix over lamb, beef, poultry or vegetables and then pan-fry, grill or roast. Add to casseroles, stews or soups. As a guide use 1 tablespoon spice blend to 17 ½ oz meat, poultry or vegetables.