Triple Chocolate Brownies with Salted Caramel Sauce
4 hrs 25 mins total time
20 mins active time
- 2 oz semi-sweet dark chocolate
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 3 oz white chocolate chips
- 3 oz milk chocolate chips
Salted caramel sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1Line an 8-inch square cake pan with parchment paper and grease lightly with cooking spray.
- 2Place dark chocolate, butter and sugar into a large microwave safe bowl. Press the MELT CHOCOLATE shortcut, select 8 ounces and press START. Stir halfway through, when prompted. At the end of cooking, stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes then use a hand mixer to beat in eggs, one at a time, and then vanilla.
- 3Sift cocoa, flour, and salt together and gently fold into mixture along with chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan and smooth top.
- 4Place trivet on turntable. Press OVEN and set 350°F for 45 minutes. Press START to preheat oven. When preheat has completed, place pan on trivet and press START to begin cooking.
- 5Cool brownies in pan. Meanwhile, make Salted Caramel Sauce.
- 6Combine butter, sugar, cream and vanilla in a microwave safe jug. Press MICROWAVE and set 80% for 1 minute. Press START to begin cooking. Add salt and stir until butter is melted and sugar dissolved.
- 7Press MICROWAVE and set 80% for 1 minute. Press START to begin cooking. Stir sauce and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- 8Serve brownies with vanilla ice cream and Salted Caramel Sauce.