Thanksgiving Savory Cranberry Relish
10 hrs 35 mins total time
15 mins active time
Makes 2 cups
- 2 (12 oz) bags fresh cranberries
(can substitute frozen cranberries, thawed)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 small shallot
peeled, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 5 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
broken in half
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp orange
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1Combine all ingredients except for orange juice in a deep glass or ceramic baking dish. Stir well so that cranberries are evenly coated.
- 2Insert the wire rack in rack position 6. Select BAKE/375°F/CONVECTION/20 minutes and press START to preheat oven.
- 3Once preheated, place the dish in the oven and cook, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, until cranberries burst and juices cook down.
- 4Transfer the relish to a medium bowl and stir in orange juice. For the best flavor development, let relish cool to room temperature then cover and store in the refrigerator overnight. Remove spices before serving warm, chilled or at room temperature.