2 hrs 15 mins total time
25 mins active time
- 1½ cups (8 oz) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (1½ oz) powdered sugar
- 4½ unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp ice water
For the lemon filling:
- 2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- ⅓ cup (2¾ fl oz) fresh lemon juice
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup (7 oz) superfine sugar
- 6¾ fl oz heavy cream
- Fresh raspberries
- Powdered sugar
- 1Assemble the mixer using the glass bowl and scraper beater. Add the flour, sugar and butter to the bowl. Slowly turn the mixer to FOLDING/KNEADING setting and mix until it resembles sand-like texture. Gradually add the water until pastry forms.
- 2Remove the pastry from the bowl and place onto a clean surface. Shape into a flat disk. Cover the pastry and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Grease a 9 ½-inch round loose-based tart pan.
- 4Roll the pastry between sheets of parchment paper until large enough to line the pan. Line the pan with pastry, gently easing it in without stretching. Trim the edges. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 6Put the tart pan on a baking sheet. Line the pan with parchment paper then fill with pie weights, beans or rice.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pie weights and paper and cook for a further 10 minutes until the pastry is light golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
- 8Reduce the temperature to 350°F.
- 9To make the lemon filling, whisk the zest, juice, eggs, sugar and cream in a large bowl until combined.
- 10Carefully pour the lemon filling into the pastry crust.
- 11Bake for 25-30 minutes until set (mixture should still be slightly wobbly).
- 12Cool completely at room temperature then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 13Serve lemon tart topped with raspberries and dusted with powdered sugar.